The Fruits of Unfaithful Attendance
Excerpt from a message preached in Home Baptist Church Annual Bible Conference in Mt. Morris, MI on April 22, 2009.
A pattern of hit and miss attendance at church over a long period of time will yield unpleasant fruit. A few of those effects are:
- It grieves and discourages the pastor whom God has given you in His grace (Hebrews 13:17)
- It grieves and discourages the body whom God has joined you to in His grace (Colossians 3:16)
- It leads to worldliness and sin in a person’s life because you are neglecting or rejecting an ordained instrument of sanctification in your life (Ephesians 4:11-13)
- It establishes a pattern of unfaithfulness for future generations that gets worse and not better in our descendants (Psalms 145:4)
- It damages your witness and testimony for Christ in the world (Matthew 5:16)
- It leads to unregenerate members in the body who must be purged out (1 Corinthians 5:7)
- It leads to the death of a particular local church (Revelations 2:5)
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
~ Hebrews 10:25